AGREEING TO WORK TOGETHER
Once we’re on a call together, we’ll discuss your needs, our process for working together and whether we feel we’re a good fit. If we agree to work together, I’ll provide you with my Client Agreement. The agreement will be fully customized detailing the work we’ll do together. Our work together will begin once I’ve received a signed agreement from you.
All editorial services include feedback with my changes and suggestions that will make your manuscript stronger. You will receive a manuscript with feedback, notes, and markups.The revisions you choose to make after receiving my feedback is entirely up to you. Revision, rewriting, ghostwriting, proof-reading, or line editing services are not included in any package and should not be expected. SUBMISSION AND PROJECT RETURN INSTRUCTIONS
All submissions must be formatted with standard 1″ margins, double-spaced, with 12-point Times New Roman and sent as Word .doc or .docx attachments.For large projects that cannot be sent via email, please submit through a Google Drive or Dropbox folder with a link so I can access it accordingly. Resubmission of revised material will not be accepted once your project is submitted. All editorial feedback is provided electronically in a Word document with Track Changes. Your feedback will be returned via a Google Drive link. The links will expire after 5 days. A $25 administration fee will be incurred for all requests for return due to link expiration. FOLLOW-UP & Additional REVISIONS Any additional follow-ups scheduled outside of the scope of our project will follow my consultation rates.
30-minutes = $19960-minutes = $299/hour Additional reviews once you’ve input the revisions from my original feedback will be charged at 50% of the original investment. SCHEDULING
Appointments for consulting and editorial work are booked based on availability and may be scheduled months ahead of the work.
Please let me know if you have any time constraints.PAYMENT POLICY
All payments are made in advance via PayPal.
Due to the time-intensive and deeply personal nature of my services, I cannot offer refunds after I begin work on your project.
Exception: Developmental Editing – If I have not started the editing process on your project, I will gladly refund your deposit within one week of receiving your written request.
Your work is safe with me. Your personal information, your e-mail address, name, and other contact information you provide to me will NEVER be sold or abused.
I will never share, expose, disclose, or otherwise use any of the materials that you send to me without your written permission.
The most successful relationships are built on trust and I require yours if we are to work together successfully.
RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICEI reserve the right to politely decline the chance to work on a manuscript if I don’t feel it is a good fit for me.
This is a decision that I will make before engaging in a consulting or editorial relationship with you.REPRINT OF FULL EDITORIAL AGREEMENT Dear ____________, Thank you so much for enlisting the services of Salvestrini Consulting. My goal is to help make your manuscript stronger through a developmental editorial review. Please read, understand, and sign this Agreement before we can move forward. This Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into on _________ (“Effective Date”), by and between Salvestrini Consulting, a California company (“Salvestrini Consulting,” “we”), and ________________ (“Client,” “you”) (each a “party,” collectively the “parties” or “us”) in regards to the project detailed below: THE SCOPE OF YOUR PROJECT: This section will be customized to the exact needs of the project. PROJECT: Project Name FEE: Proposal Total Amount TURNAROUND DEADLINE: Project Date
STANDARD CLIENT AGREEMENT: This section remains consistent for all of my client projects. Please note that no proposed amendments will be considered or accepted.
- Salvestrini Consulting provides editorial and/or consulting services (“Services”). Services are provided on a per manuscript basis (each a “Project”) and will be described, along with the relevant details regarding scope, timeline, and fees in the section above. Standard services are described in a Statement of Work (“SOW”) document that follows. Any customizations entered at the beginning of this Agreement supersede the descriptions in the Statement of Work (“SOW”). Prior to the commencement of a Project, we will agree on a flat fee for the Project, and payment will be due as required by this Agreement.
- Your manuscript must be submitted digitally as a Microsoft Word document with standard 1” margins, double-spacing, and a 12-point Times New Roman font. JPEG, PNG, or PDF are acceptable formats for images. Salvestrini Consulting will not accept revised submissions once you have submitted a version of your files for your project. Project submissions must follow the submission instructions that are sent to every Client once the deposit and Agreement have been received. Salvestrini Consulting is not responsible for any delays or missed deadlines resulting from submission actions that do not follow the Submission protocol specified in the submission instructions, nor does such a delay constitute a breach of this Agreement.
- Return of Files. Your project will be returned to you via a Google Drive shared link. This link is not intended as permanent storage for your documents. The link will expire within five days of the return of your files. If you have not downloaded the files or transferred them to your own account within that timeframe, an administrative fee of twenty-five U.S. Dollars ($25) will be assessed to resend your files. Your files will not be released until this administrative fee has been paid. Holding the files in this way does not constitute a breach of this Agreement.
- No Guarantee. Salvestrini Consulting cannot and does not represent or guarantee that you will achieve publication, literary representation, sales, monetary or commercial gain, or any other objective as a result of the Services.
- This Agreement will remain in effect until terminated by either of us pursuant to this Agreement. Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time and for any reason, by providing written notice of the same to the other party. Upon termination, Salvestrini Consulting will give all notes and work completed to you, and you acknowledge that the Services may not yet be complete. Any deposit or first-half of your flat fee payment that you have already made to Salvestrini Consulting will not be returned or refunded to you unless work has not yet begun; and you must pay Salvestrini Consulting for all Services and expenses Salvestrini Consulting has already undertaken and/or incurred in conjunction with your Project. A delay in respect to a project deadline due to the Client’s failure to follow the submission guidelines, as defined in section 3, above, shall not be considered breach of this Agreement or grounds for Termination. A delay or additional penalty when returning a project due to the Client’s failure to download the original files, as defined in section 4, above, shall not be considered breach of this Agreement or grounds for Termination.
- Intellectual Property. This section pertains to your intellectual property. You will retain full ownership of the materials (including manuscripts and images) that you submit to Salvestrini Consulting for review. This Agreement does not provide you or Salvestrini Consulting any licensing rights or other intellectual property rights of any kind in or to any work product or ideas that the other party has generated, except as otherwise specifically addressed herein.
- Ownership Rights. This section pertains to the intellectual property generated by Salvestrini Consulting (the editorial comments, overviews, and other work product) as part of the service. The materials Salvestrini Consulting generates are part of the Services will be deemed “works for hire” as that term is used in Title 17 of the United States Code. All materials and information created, produced, or generated by Salvestrini Consulting under this Agreement are and will be deemed your confidential information and your exclusive property.
- Salvestrini Consulting will not use or disclose your confidential information other than as required to perform the Services under this Agreement or as required by law. We take the same care to keep your ideas, creative work, and personal information safe as we do to protect our own confidential data, and Salvestrini Consulting will never sell, trade, or rent your contact information or any other aspect of your confidential information unless authorized by this Agreement or by you to do so. You also agree not to use or disclose any of Salvestrini Consulting’s confidential information without the permission of Salvestrini Consulting or as required by law. Confidential information, for purposes of this Agreement, includes your submissions to Salvestrini Consulting, your name and contact information, and the fact that you have hired Salvestrini Consulting, along with all other information that either of us provides written notice to the other is confidential.
- Limitation of Liability. EXCEPT WITH RESPECT TO EITHER PARTY’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF EITHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. EXCEPT WITH RESPECT TO EITHER PARTY’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF EITHER PARTY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU TO SALVESTRINI CONSULTING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH SUCH CLAIM AROSE.
- Client Representations. By entering into this Agreement and submitting materials for Services, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to enter into this Agreement and doing so does not violate the rights of any third party. You further represent and warrant that you have the absolute right to submit the materials for Services, that you have written, created, or otherwise exclusively own them, and that your submissions to Salvestrini Consulting, along with your subsequent use of them, do not violate the rights of any third party.
- Each party agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the other party from any and all claims, actions, damages, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs, and expenses) arising (i) through the other party’s gross negligence or willful misconduct; (ii) out of any claim that the materials or deliverables, or any portion thereof, infringes upon or violates any proprietary rights of any third party, including but not limited to patent, copyright, and trade secret rights; or (iii) from a breach or alleged breach of any of term of this Agreement.
- Independent Contractor. Salvestrini Consulting is your independent contractor only. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to or should create any other relationship between the parties, including but not limited to: employer-employee, agents, joint ventures, co-authors, or partners.
- Neither party may transfer any rights or obligations under this Agreement without the other party’s prior written consent. This Agreement shall inure to and be binding on any permitted successors and assigns.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, together with the attached Payment Addendum and Statement of Work, constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between us with respect to this subject matter, and supersedes all oral or written proposals and all other communications, understandings, or agreements between us relating to this subject matter.
- Conflict of Terms. In the event of a conflict between the terms and provisions of this Agreement and the terms and provisions of the Payment Addendum or Statement of Work, the terms and provisions of this Agreement shall control.
- Force Majeure. “Force majeure” is a French term that means “unforeseen circumstance.” If a “force majeure” such as war, acts of terrorism, acts of God, severe illness, invasion, fire, natural disaster, labor dispute, explosion, floods, and acts of government or governmental agencies or instrumentalities, etc., occurs, neither of us will be considered to have breached this Agreement, to the extent that the failure to comply was occasioned by the force majeure.
- The numbers and headings in this Agreement are for convenience and reference only and must not be used to interpret or construe this Agreement.
- Modification and Waiver. Any and each modification, amendment, addition, or waiver related to or intended to be made a part of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by an authorized representative of each party in order to be valid and enforceable. Any such purported modification, amendment, addition, or waiver not so executed will be null and void.
- Non-Exclusivity. This Agreement does not create an exclusive relationship between us. You are free to seek services from other companies or individuals doing similar work, and Salvestrini Consulting is free to offer and to perform the same or similar services to other individuals and companies.
- Notices. Any notice required or permitted to be given under this Agreement must be in writing. Delivery may be accomplished by confirmation of delivery using any of the following methods to the party’s last known address: (i) personal delivery; (ii) email; or (iii) U.S. mail or a nationally recognized courier, return receipt requested and postage prepaid.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable or illegal by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be modified to the extent necessary to render it enforceable, or shall be severed from this Agreement, and all other provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
- Governing Law. This Agreement, and any dispute arising under or related to it, will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of law’s provisions. Each party hereby agrees to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in San Diego, California.
This Payment Addendum is part of the Writing Coaching and Developmental Editorial Agreement (“Agreement”) by and between you and Salvestrini Consulting.FEES. Fees are non-negotiable. All fees a payable in advance via PayPal.
FEES BASED ON WORD COUNT. Flat fees based on word count require one-half of the payment upon signature and the other half due upon completion of the Services. The final balance will be adjusted according to the word count of your submission if the final word count is different from the original quote.
TAXES. Sales taxes are not applied to service-based projects.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES. Additional Services that you have requested Salvestrini Consulting perform, including follow-up phone consultation and editorial services for revised manuscripts, will be billed separately. All such fees are due in full upon your receipt of the invoices regarding those fees. Unless a Statement of Work (“SOW”) sets forth an alternate fee, editorial services on revised manuscripts are generally billed at one-half of the total flat fee for the original Project, and thirty (30) minute follow-up phone consultations are billed at one hundred ninety-nine U.S. Dollars ($199).LATE INVOICES. Late invoices are subject to one and five-tenths percent (1.5%) interest per month or the highest rate allowed by law.
PAYMENT METHOD. All payments are to be rendered via invoicing with payments made through PayPal.
FEEDBACK. For all consulting and editorial work, feedback is transmitted electronically. Notes are provided in an MSWord document with line edits using the Track Changes function. Any issue that prevents the Client from transmitting manuscripts or receiving feedback is the responsibility of the Client to resolve.
Services are editorial in nature. Salvestrini Consulting will provide editorial guidance, but revision is up to the Client. Rewriting, rephrasing, or ghostwriting services are not included with any project.***